[openbox] [ANNOUNCE] Openbox-3.0-beta6 released

Mike logan at dct.com
Fri Sep 26 13:52:12 EDT 2003

Ah I see you included the old transient focus behavior stuffs. I've been trying to get focus to work more like old openbox2/blackbox, and that helps. :)

I have a question about focus_fallback() though.

    if (!config_focus_last && config_focus_follow)
        if (focus_under_pointer())
            return;

That doesn't seem right to me, maybe I'm just confused or not understanding the bigger picture.

Should it look more like this?

    if (!config_focus_last || (config_focus_follow && focus_under_pointer())
        return;

Otherwise I don't see what difference disabling focusLast would make if followsMouse wasn't enabled. It will always focusLast regardless of the setting.

I modify this bit anyway so transients are focused before focus_under_pointer(). Again it goes back to stuff like Mozilla's find in page dialog. Although I'm not sure if this is how openbox2 worked or not, but I like it anyway. :)

Before 3.0 final comes out, it'd be nice to have configurable window placement. There were also a few posts about popups for window/workspace cycling. Making that configurable is pretty simple, maybe something to consider.

Thanks,

Mike