[openbox] theme menu script updated for beta4

Bobby R. Cox bcox at pmt.org
Mon Sep 22 20:48:02 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-09-22 at 19:21, Michael Rasile wrote:
> On Mon Sep 22, 2003 at 04:47:05PM -0400 or thereabouts, Jordan wrote:
> > this is what I use:
> > <menu id="thememenu" label="Themes" execute="LOCATION_OF_SCRIPT" />

> > >  Greetings!
> > >  I was wondering if you could post the menu.xml entry for your script. I
> > >  sort of destroyed my ~/.openbox directory. I know, I am embarassed. :-)
> > >  If you can post it, thanks a lot. If not, I understand. I do like your
> > >  theme script. Makes things a lot easier.
> > >
> > >  Mike
> > > --
> > > Regards,
> > > Mike
> > > keeper at neo.rr.com
> > > "Don't Fear The Penguin."
>
> Thanks, Jordan.
> I finally figured it out. Just wondering how you set the backgrounds in
> ob3. I was using the bgmenu.rb script, but I can't seem to get it to
> work for beta4. If you have any info, I would greatly appreciate it. As
> always, at your convenience. Thanks again for responding.
>
> Mike

Mike,

You need to edit the bottom line of the script to the following....

menu = Bgmenu.new(File.expand_path("~/.config/openbox/bgmenurc"))

and change the add/change entry in your menu.xml to the following...

<menu id="bg-menu" label="Backgrounds"execute="/path/to/bgmenu.rb"/>

--
Bobby R. Cox
Linux Systems Administrator
bcox at pmt.org