[openbox] Do I NEED an external panel app?

Dugan Chen duganchen at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 10 07:47:46 EDT 2003

>From: Jason Mobarak <jmob at unm.edu>

>>If I were to start up Openbox and nothing else, then start an xterm,
>>then minimize that xterm, then the xterm would not appear in the
>>desktops menu and I would not be able to alt-tab to it.
>
>All I use is OpenBox (beta1 right now, about to compile beta2..) and I do
>not
>have this problem. It's possible there's some other factor playing into
>this...

Right after I read your post, I deleted my ~/.openbox and
/usr/local/share/openbox directories, uninstalled Openbox (I was using Beta
2) and then reinstalled it. The problem persists. I think we can conclude,
therefore, that if my problem is due to external factors, it's not because I
messed up my config files.