[openbox] Announcing bgmenu for openbox

Michael Rasile keeper at neo.rr.com
Sat Sep 6 15:19:08 EDT 2003

On Fri Sep 05, 2003 at 10:23:00PM +0930 or thereabouts, Tim Riley wrote:
> If you like to set your desktop background conveniently from your
> openbox menu, then bgmenu for openbox3 is the tool for you!
>
> bgmenu is a handy dandy ruby script that can be used by a pipe menu to
> list multiple background directories, allowing you to set your desktop
> background image from an openbox menu.  It has per-directory background
> modes (full, centre, tile, &c.), and is the first step in NASA's plans
> for a manned mission to Mars.
>
> It requires Ruby and bsetbg.  The Bgmenu script, and bsetbg, can be
> found at http://tr.openmonkey.com/openbox.php.  I hope you find it
> useful.
>
> Peace, love, and pipe menus,
>
> Tim

Greetings! Thought I would give ob3 and bgmenu a try. Was wondering if you
could give a little more info on how to get this to work. Sorry, I tried the
directions as you gave them and put the suggested line into my menu.xml file
but nothing seems to work. I can't get it to work. I know it's me. I have
used ob2 for a long time and the adjustment to the new style has not been
easy and certainly that's not the fault of ob, but mine. Any help or
suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

--
Regards,
Mike

keeper at neo.rr.com