[openbox] Theme Pipe Menu Script

Jordan lx_xero at comcast.net
Fri Sep 5 14:28:06 EDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 08:16:21AM -0500, Robert Upshall wrote:
> Jordan wrote:
> >This script I made http://www.xeron.cc/main/files/theme when put in a pipe
> >menu
> >and configured, gives you a themes menu just like the styles menu openbox2
> >has.
> >It works pretty well but no guarantees. Read the comments in the script
> >before using. If you decide to use it, let me know of any problems.
> >
> This is great, I have been looking for a bash version of this menu.
>
> Does anybody know of a bash version of bgmenu on
> http://tr.openmonkey.com/openbox.php ?
>
> Robert

That could be easily done. I'd probably make it so it saves the bg you've
chosen in a file (.bgconf?) and when OB reads the pipe menu it applies it. It
also of course would apply it when you choose an item in the menu. I've never
actually tried bgmenu so I have no idea if it has those features. With the idea
I have, it wouldn't have any advanced features (multiple menus or something)
but it would be able to read multiple directories. If you think it's worth it
let me know, and I'll go make it.