[openbox] freebsd

Roman Neuhauser neuhauser at bellavista.cz
Thu Sep 4 05:03:49 EDT 2003

# dale_d at telusplanet.net / 2003-09-03 10:41:14 -0600:
> will openbox3 compile on a bsd system?

    roman at freepuppy ~ 1004:0 > uname -srm
    FreeBSD 4.8-STABLE i386
    roman at freepuppy ~ 1005:0 > ./openbox-3.0-alpha8/bin/openbox --version
    Openbox 3.0-alpha8

    but this alpha seems to be quite buggy FMPOV: window contents are
    drawn during move/resize operations despite

    <resize>
      <drawContents>no</drawContents>
    </resize>

    in my ~/.openbox/rc.xml, dragging a window over a rxvt window leaves
    the area that was covered all white, and typing this email has been
    a pain (vim invoked from mutt in rxvt): sometimes the window decides
    it would paint some parts of itself white.

    exact behavior:

    <focus>
      <focusNew>yes</focusNew>
      <followMouse>yes</followMouse>
      <focusLast>yes</focusLast>
      <focusLastOnDesktop>yes</focusLastOnDesktop>
      <cyclingDialog>yes</cyclingDialog>
    </focus>

    create rxvt window A
    create rxvt window B
    focus A
    type -> the letters have white bg
    move/resize A, the artifact disappears

# ben at orodu.net / 2003-09-03 12:58:37 -0400:
> On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 10:41:14AM -0600, Dale K Dicks wrote:
> > will openbox3 compile on a bsd system?
>
> Let me know.

    see above, and let me know what information you need to get this
    polished. BTW, I get the whitening artifact with default
    {rc,menu}.xml as well.