[openbox] startup-notification

Ben Jansens ben at orodu.net
Wed Sep 3 02:40:56 EDT 2003

On Wed, Sep 03, 2003 at 02:36:38AM -0400, Adam Stephens wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-09-02 at 13:20, Ben Jansens wrote:
> > > 2) What does ob3 do differently when compiled along-side the
> > > 'startup-notification' package?
> >
> > Changes the root cursor to a clock while apps are starting. But only if they
> > are launched from a program that supports setting the startup stuff, such as
> > gnome-panel.
>
> So I take it ob3, does not support setting the startup stuff? Any other

No, it doesn't.

> examples of programs that do? or possibly a more detailed description of

No, sorry, I am not aware of what apps do and don't support it. Probably any
app that uses the .desktop files for its menu will.

The .desktop files spec is here:
http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/desktop-entry-spec/0.9.4-onehtml/)

> what the program needs to take advantage of it.

The spec is here:
http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/startup-notification-spec/startup-notification-0.1.txt

Ben