[openbox] Pager in Dock (was Re: [openbox] How To Skip Windows in NextWindow/OT Term Emulator Question)

Mikael Magnusson mangosoft at comhem.se
Fri Oct 31 19:44:50 EST 2003

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003, Adam Kessel wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 01, 2003 at 01:28:24AM +0100, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
> > 	gtk_window_set_skip_pager_hint(GTK_WINDOW(toplevel),TRUE);
> > 	gtk_window_set_skip_taskbar_hint(GTK_WINDOW(toplevel),TRUE);
> > +	gtk_window_set_decorated(GTK_WINDOW(toplevel),FALSE);
> > +	gtk_window_set_type_hint(GTK_WINDOW(toplevel),GDK_WINDOW_TYPE_HINT_UTILITY);
> > +	gtk_window_move(GTK_WINDOW(toplevel),0,595);
>
> While we're on a roll...
>
> The problem with this is that I can't get it to place the pager window in
> the "dock" area, which is currently occupied by gkrellm.  I.e., I have
> dock set for BottomRight, so gkrellm is in bottom right, but no matter
> what value I set for X in gtk_window_move, it won't go past the *left*
> border of gkrellm; even though I want it above gkrellm, i.e.:
>
> gtk_window_move(GTK_WINDOW(toplevel),1200,0);
>
> doesn't put it in the top right, but instead about 100 pixels to the left
> of the top right.
>
> Is there any way to tell pager to go all the way over to the right?
>
> Thanks again for your help--as you can see, I don't know GTK at all, but
> I'm a fast learner. :)

you can use a program called wmswallow to put specific programs in the
slit, i use this command set to put rox-pager in my slit:

pager&
sleep 3;~/dl/wmswallow/wmswallow -geometry 64x48 Pager&

also, you could have saved some time if you had just said what you wanted
from the start :)

--
Mikael Magnusson