[openbox] When click does the raising

John Russell drjimmy42 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 26 12:51:02 EST 2003

> Try changing Click to Release

It still doesn't work the way I'm thinking, however
the titlebar does exactly what I want. However its not
helpful because I want to be able to drag things in
the client area and the client area behaves
differently than the titlebar, even with the same
settings.  Below is a listing of my titlebar and
client settings in rc.xml.

If I press and dont' release the titlebar, it is
focused but not raised.  Then the window raises when I
release.  In the client area, it raises when I press
down.  That's not what i want.  Am I missing
something?

BTW, I tried release and it still didn't work.  I
switched it back to click because that's what titlebar
has here and it behaves the way I want the client area
to behave.

<context name="Titlebar">
   <mousebind button="Left" action="Drag">
        <action name="Move"/>
      </mousebind>
      <mousebind button="Left" action="Click">
        <action name="Raise"/>
      </mousebind>
      <mousebind button="Left" action="Press">
        <action name="Focus"/>
      </mousebind>
      <mousebind button="Left" action="DoubleClick">
        <action name="ToggleShade"/>
      </mousebind>
      <mousebind button="Middle" action="Press">
        <action name="Lower"/>
      </mousebind>
      <mousebind button="Up" action="Click">
        <action name="Shade"/>
      </mousebind>
      <mousebind button="Down" action="Click">
        <action name="Unshade"/>
      </mousebind>
      <mousebind button="Right" action="Press">
        <action
      </mousebind>
    </context>
  <context name="Client">
      <mousebind button="Left" action="Press">
        <action name="Focus"/>
      </mousebind>
      <mousebind button="Left" action="Click">
        <action name="Raise"/>
      </mousebind>
      <mousebind button="Middle" action="Press">
        <action name="Focus"/>
      </mousebind>
      <mousebind button="Right" action="Press">
        <action name="Focus"/>
      </mousebind>
    </context>

Thanks.