When click does the raising

John Russell drjimmy42 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 26 09:09:31 EST 2003

Does anyone know of a way to configure openbox so that
windows are focused when you first click on them, but
_raised_ when you release the mouse button.

IMO this would be insanely useful for people who like
to drag and drop files from file managers into ....
well anything... and people who don't care wouldn't
even notice.

Scenario

You click on a text editor to raise it.  It now just
covers the file manager of your choice but you can
still see the files.  With the raise not happening
until after you release the mouse, you could click on
a file from the manager and drag it to the editor
without having the filemanager raise up and cover then
editor.   Wouldn't that be cool??

BTW, I already have this in my rc.xml and it doesn't
work how I think it should.  Unless I'm confused about
the difference between click and press.  (press is the
down motion, click is the complete up and down).

  <mousebind button="Left" action="Click">
        <action name="Raise"/>
      </mousebind>
      <mousebind button="Left" action="Press">
        <action name="Focus"/>
      </mousebind>

Anyone know how to do this?  Thanks

John