[openbox] announce: ob3_wall, wallpaper selection pipe-menu app

Mike logan at dct.com
Mon Oct 20 13:06:06 EDT 2003

On Sunday, October 19, 2003 at 11:20PM, Mikael Magnusson wrote:
>On Sun, 19 Oct 2003, Mike wrote:
>> Configuration:
>>   ~/.config/openbox/.ob3_wall/rc
>
>Why not just ~/.config/openbox/ob3_wallrc ? it's already in a dot-dir
>once, no point in hiding it again.

I've moved all configuration for my pipe-menu apps to ~/.config/ob3_<app>/.

The first one I did was just ob3_theme, and that had only one file. But since there's more than one, almost all storing some kindof resource, I figured it would be best to get 'em all outta ~/.config/openbox.

If anyone uses these, make sure you move your configs, especially for ob3_theme:
  ~/.config/openbox/rc.xml:
    <theme>
      <name>~/.config/ob3_theme/theme</name>
    </theme>

ob3_wall has been updated to denote the currently selected wallpaper with an arrow, and a Clear Cache menu item has been added to ob3_headlines.

On a related note, anyone have ideas for other pipe-menu apps?

I thought about an openbox configuration menu thingy, but it would pretty much be limited to toggles, and writing out the configuration could be a problem. So I'll just leave that to obconf. :P

Mike