kde keybindings override openbox's

John Russell drjimmy42 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 15 15:11:11 EDT 2003

Boy am I being whiny lately.  Anyway, I just started up KDE for the
first time in a while to see if I like it any better with a really cool
window manager (read openbox3).  I was surprised that some of my
keybindings were overridden by kde ones. Specifically the ones set in
the KDE menu editor.

e.g.  I have /usr/local/bin/gaim as a menu entry in kde with a
keybinding of Alt-4.  I something else mapped to Alt-4 in openbox and it
is getting overridden.

The simple answer is just remove the redundant keybindings, dumbass...
but other window managers I've used usually get all keystrokes first,
check for WM keybindings, and then pass what's left on down the line.
That doesn't appear to be happening here.  Is that by design, or a bug?

John