[openbox] another focus prob (3rc3 as well)

Cas Cremers ccremers at win.tue.nl
Fri Oct 10 06:48:42 EDT 2003

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 01:30:20PM -0400, Ben Jansens wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 01:12:50PM -0400, Tom wrote:
> > I agree,   The window is now under the mouse.  This is follow mouse
> > rules right?
>
> Follow mouse kind of implies the mouse is moving in order to follow it. When
> using keyboard shortcuts, the assumption is that you would like further
> keyboard actions to still manipulate the same window, not a random window
> depending on where in the focused window you last left the pointer, and what
> windows are underneath it.

That is not always the case now. I'm using Focus follows mouse. When I
have two overlapping windows, and use alt-tab to raise and focus the
lower right one, to get this:

+---+
|p +----+
|  |    |
+--|    |
   +----+

When I then switch desktops using the keyboard, and switch back, the
lower one is focussed al of a sudden!

I did not move my mouse, so I don't expect focus to change.

Can I remedy this using rc.xml?

regards,

Cas Cremers