[openbox] openbox focus wish list

Mike logan at dct.com
Wed Oct 8 18:30:30 EDT 2003

On Wednesday, October 08, 2003 at 09:43AM, Bobby R. Cox wrote:
>On Wed, 2003-10-08 at 12:41, Mike wrote:
>> >
>> ># Change the window title of X terminals
>> >case $TERM in
>> >        xterm*|rxvt|Eterm|eterm)
>> >               PROMPT_COMMAND='echo -ne
>> >"\033]0;${USER}@${HOSTNAME%%.*}:${PWD/$HOME/~}\007"'
>> >        ;;
>> >    screen)
>> >               PROMPT_COMMAND='echo -ne
>> >"\033_${USER}@${HOSTNAME%%.*}:${PWD/$HOME/~}\033\\"'
>> >        ;;
>> >esac
>>
>> I can see a special case for screen, but is there a reason why you don't just use $PS1 instead of going through all of the above?
>>
>> PS1="\[\033];\u@\h:\w\[\007\]\$ "
>
>No particular reason comes to mind ;)

Hehe, well whatever works I guess. Regardless, it's likely a special case will have to be created for xterm and non-xterm logins. You don't want escape sequences meant to target the title of an xterm showing up if you login on the console...

Something like:

case $TERM in
    screen)			<screen PS1> ;;
    rxvt|xterm*)		<xterm PS1> ;;
    linux*|ansi*|beos-ansi*)	<non-xterm PS1> ;;
    *)				<generic/colorless PS1> ;;
esac

I usually don't keep too many windows on the same workspace and shade alot, so I don't have the same problems some might in locating windows.

However, that bit mentioned earlier about a border showing up around the current window when cycling sounds like a nice feature.