Problems translating obconf and openbox

Nicolás de la Torre ndelatorre at gmx.net
Fri Oct 3 15:17:07 EDT 2003

Hi.
I have some problems translating obconf 1.5 and openbox 3.0rc2.
I made de es.po and the es.mo that is ok i think.
The problem is that i don't see that the command make install command to install openbox or obconf is installing the .mo . Then someone on some irc told me to run a strace and i found this lines:

10658 open("/usr/share/locale/es_AR/LC_MESSAGES/messages.mo", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENO
ENT (No such file or directory)
10658 open("/usr/share/locale/es/LC_MESSAGES/messages.mo", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT
 (No such file or directory)

I really don't know what it means but, why the obconf is looking something on /usr if i installed it on /usr/local? and why is looking for messages.mo and no obconf.mo?

I'm not a programer and i'm really new to the gettext traslation thing. Maybe the things i saw have nothing to do with the problem and i'm doing something wrong.

Bye and thanks.

Pardo