[openbox] sloppy focus?

corey at streamreel.net corey at streamreel.net
Sat Nov 15 19:54:27 EST 2003

On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 12:17:37PM +0100, Bartosz Oudekerk wrote:
> Peter Chiocchetti said:
> >
> > only shifting focus with the eyes was more convenient:)
> >
> Then why wasn't that implemented? ;-)

  Shifting focus with the eyes does not shift the focus of the window
  manager. Shifting focus with my eyes to a window that is not focused
  by the wm does not allow me to interact/type into the window in
  question. Focus follows mouse should implicitly mean that, simply,
  wherever the mouse goes, the focus goes - i.e., the mouse is your eyes.

  Whether there is a delay before the window actualy _raises_ is up to
  the user via a "raiseDelay" option. This is how focus follows mouse works,
  and for many good reasons.

  Am I alone here in this conviction?

Cheers,

Corey