[openbox] Old Menus to the 3.0 syntax?

Bartosz Oudekerk bartosz at etv.cx
Fri Nov 14 19:32:55 EST 2003

AthlonRob said:

> On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 16:06, Bartosz Oudekerk wrote:
>
> I looked over the archives, but didn't see any subject lines that seemed
> to imply much about the menu file... and they only went back to August.

August 2002, but I doubt you'd find much on OpenBox 3.0 if you went back much
further ;-)

>> Making new menu's from scratch isn't all that hard if you just make use of
>> multiple cut buffers.
>
> Well... I'll probably just keep doing what I do with Fluxbox, which is
> to just run almost everything from a terminal.  I actually checked out

Which is just as a good a way as any, since I always have them open anyway.

I do have a full-featured[0] menu, but since I have most apps under short-cuts
I rarely use it.

> OpenBox because I ran in to reference in the MenuMaker website, after
> looking for a way to import gnome menus into fluxbox.  I installed
> gnome-games, but don't know where they went.  <g>

I remember having that problem to, but I stopped installing anything GNOME after
I tried installing gno3dtet from source and realised how many dependencies it
had.

(In my naivity I didn't check if it was perhaps only the single game) I might
have been witholding myself stuff over nothing ;-)

> Thanks for the info.... I'll just wait, and wait... and if nothing
> appears, I'll look in to doing it myself...

Writing a conversion thingie you mean?

[0] Full featured compared to what I use, I guess it's still pretty slim/small
    compared to some peoples, especially users of an OS I shan't name
    *cough*Windows*cough*.

--
Bartosz Oudekerk
http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.txt