[openbox] How to avoid raising window when clicking?

Peter Chiocchetti pch at myzel.net
Tue Nov 4 19:28:58 EST 2003

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 12:06:17PM -0800, Adam Kessel wrote:
> I have the opposite question from yesterday's poster (who wanted to know
> how to click to raise without passing the click to the application).
>
> Is it possible to click in a window without raising the window--i.e.,
> have the click *just* go to the application?

there is no gui for that, you have to use your fav. texteditor:

in the mouse section in the config file, go to context name="Client"
and there remove the action that says "Raise" on "press".

the file is at ~/.config/openbox/rc.xml, if not there, try obconf, and
it will create one, or copy over from /etc...

cheers,

peter