[openbox] Xft and RedHat 8

Pat Martin pmartin at patm.net
Tue Mar 18 00:03:05 EST 2003

Ok so it is not compiled in. I looked in the config.log like you
suggested and found

----clip

configure:5523: checking whether to build support for the Xft extension
configure:5535: result: version 2
configure:5543: checking for XftFontOpenXlfd in -lXft
configure:5576: g++ -o conftest  -I/usr/include/Xft2
-I/usr/include/freetype2 -I
/usr/X11R6/include   -g -O2  -I/usr/X11R6/include -Wall -W
-L/usr/X11R6/lib
 -lSM -lICE conftest.cc -lXft    -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11  -lXext
 -L/usr/X11R6/li
 b -lXft2 -lfreetype -lXrender -lfontconfig   >&5
 /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lXft

----clip

 Yet like I said I have other programs that use it succesfully. And when
 I do a locate I get:

-----clip

./etc/X11/XftConfig.README-OBSOLETE
 ./usr/lib/libXft.so.2
 ./usr/lib/libXft.so.2.0
 ./usr/lib/libXft2.so
 ./usr/share/man/man3/Xft.3x.gz
 ./usr/share/gtk-doc/html/pango/pango-Xft-Fonts-and-Rendering.html
 ./usr/X11R6/lib/libXft.so.1
 ./usr/X11R6/lib/libXft.so.1.2
 ./usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xft
 ./usr/X11R6/man/man3/Xft.3x.gz
 ./usr/include/Xft2
 ./usr/include/Xft2/X11/Xft
 ./usr/include/Xft2/X11/Xft/XftCompat.h
 ./usr/include/Xft2/X11/Xft/Xft.h

------clip

I tried search for similar things on the net but not luck.

As always any help is definately appreciated and thanks for the help so
far.

Thanks

Pat