[openbox] patch for NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN support in openbox 2.3

Ben Jansens ben at orodu.net
Mon Mar 17 02:33:36 EST 2003

On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 11:12:20PM -0800, Marc Wilson wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 10:53:58PM -0800, Marc Wilson wrote:
> > On Sat, Mar 15, 2003 at 07:15:04PM -0600, Ben Jansens wrote:
> > > He's right. I don't know if that was added at some point or I missed it,
> > > however, Openbox should resize the window and raise it, similar to
> > > maximizing, allowing it to be restored again when the state is removed.
> >
> > You may recall that we talked about this in-channel a few weeks ago because
> > of Debian's xawtv expecting this to work whenever it found a window manager
> > claiming to understand NETWM.
>
> And having tried the patch, xawtv is still not able to shift screen modes.
> The window DOES maximize now, and the decorations go away, but that's all.
> I think that might be an xawtv-ism, though... it might not shift if it
> finds NETWM.  I tried to read it again and got a headache again.
>
> Also, it looks like the patch tries to take into account the size of the
> window frame, but after it turns off decorations, you can still see the
> root window at the top and the left. :)

Theres been some discussion on the wm-spec list regarding vid modes and
fullscreen. And the conclusion seems to be that xawtv+metacity will work so
everything is just dandy. I may just remove FULLSCREEN from the advertised
supported atoms. Because the situation is rather rediculous IMO.

Ben
--
I am damn unsatisfied to be killed in this way.

http://www.icculus.org/openbox/