[openbox] patch for NET_WM_STATE_FULLSCREEN support in openbox 2.3

Marc Wilson msw at cox.net
Mon Mar 17 02:12:20 EST 2003

On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 10:53:58PM -0800, Marc Wilson wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 15, 2003 at 07:15:04PM -0600, Ben Jansens wrote:
> > He's right. I don't know if that was added at some point or I missed it,
> > however, Openbox should resize the window and raise it, similar to
> > maximizing, allowing it to be restored again when the state is removed.
>
> You may recall that we talked about this in-channel a few weeks ago because
> of Debian's xawtv expecting this to work whenever it found a window manager
> claiming to understand NETWM.

And having tried the patch, xawtv is still not able to shift screen modes.
The window DOES maximize now, and the decorations go away, but that's all.
I think that might be an xawtv-ism, though... it might not shift if it
finds NETWM.  I tried to read it again and got a headache again.

Also, it looks like the patch tries to take into account the size of the
window frame, but after it turns off decorations, you can still see the
root window at the top and the left. :)

--
 Marc Wilson |     I do not find in orthodox Christianity one redeeming
 msw at cox.net |     feature.  - Thomas Jefferson