[openbox] font problem wiith openbox 2.2.3

Thomas Piechocki piechoc at t-online.de
Sat Jan 11 10:08:12 EST 2003

Am Samstag, 11. Januar 2003 15:12 schrieb Ava Arachne Jarvis:

> If you don't have libxft2-dev installed, you won't get Xft2 compiled in.
> You should also have the freetype development libraries
> (libfreetype6-dev and also libttf-dev for the slight autoconf bug in
> 2.2.3).  For running the thing, you want to install both libxft2 and
> fontconfig (which has the actual Xft2 configuration file
> /etc/fonts/fonts.conf).
>
> configure will tell you if finding Xft failed.

Thank you very much for your time and help.
All packages with the exception of libxft2 had been already installed. I
installed it now and recompiled openbox, but at the result nothing changed.
This comes from configure:

[...]
checking whether to build support for the Xft extension... version 1
checking for XftFontOpenXlfd in -lXft... yes
checking for X11/Xft/Xft.h for Xft1... yes
[...]

Does 'version 1' mean that this isn't for Xft2?

Thomas