[openbox] font problem wiith openbox 2.2.3

Ava Arachne Jarvis ajar at katanalynx.dyndns.org
Sat Jan 11 09:12:00 EST 2003

[Thomas Piechocki - Sat, 11 Jan 2003 08:01:47 AM CST]
> I didn't use the .deb package, but compiled the sources directly. 'configure
> --help' said, that xft-support is enabled by default.

If you don't have libxft2-dev installed, you won't get Xft2 compiled in.
You should also have the freetype development libraries
(libfreetype6-dev and also libttf-dev for the slight autoconf bug in
2.2.3).  For running the thing, you want to install both libxft2 and
fontconfig (which has the actual Xft2 configuration file
/etc/fonts/fonts.conf).

configure will tell you if finding Xft failed.