iconic desktop question

Ignacio Thayer iet at CS.UCLA.EDU
Wed Feb 5 15:02:10 EST 2003

I'm a new openbox convert, driven here from blackbox for the same reasons
as everyone else apparently. I'd like to contribute to openbox, and
I see that in openbox 3, the code continues to handle iconified windows by
moving them to ICONIC_DESKTOP ala Blackbox. I didnt see anything in
the NETWM spec about handling icons this way (please tell me if i'm wrong), and it
prevents the ability to know which desktop iconified windows were on (say
if you wanted a taskbar to only show icons for this workspace/desktop).
So my question is: why continue to do it this way?

thanks

ignacio