Openbox, FreeBSD & Xft2

Ben Jansens ben at orodu.net
Tue Feb 4 17:36:00 EST 2003

On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 07:20:25PM +0300, Andrew Dolgov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a little suggestion for Openbox under FreeBSD: it would be
> nice to detect and use X11/Xft2.h if it is available, because Xft2
> installed from ports uses this header file by default instead of
> X11/Xft.h.

It would be nice. Te ports maintainer for Xft has decided to do a very
nonstandard thing. I've told a couple users to file a bug report but I
doubt anyone has bothered. My best advide is to rename Xft.h to Xft1.h
and Xft2.h to Xft.h. This is how every linux distro I have seen makes
it work. And file a bug report with the Xft port maintainer, or update
the Openbox port to a non-prehistoric state and patch it to use Xft2.h
during the build process.

Good luck :)
Ben
--
I am damn unsatisfied to be killed in this way.

http://www.icculus.org/openbox/