Problems with certain function keys

Chris Osicki osk at osk.ch
Sat Dec 27 17:37:23 EST 2003

Hi,

Could anybody help me please to understand why I cannot use certain
function-keys with openbox depending on their keycodes?

I take one key as an example. The key as seen by xev program:

... keycode 219 (keysym 0x1005ff71, SunFront) ...

doesn't work. That means, openbox "ignores" it, it gets through to the
x-client. (Not only xev can see it, Emacs too.)

Using another X-server which generates the following, again as seen by
xev, makes openbox works as expected:

... keycode 124 (keysym 0x1005ff71, SunFront) ...

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Chris