Problem with VMware and its "autofit" option

Tim Ziegele tactx at web.de
Wed Dec 17 16:58:19 EST 2003

Hi mailing list,

I've experienced a small problem while running VMware with Openbox 3
(final).
When VMware boots its guest OS, the virtual screen will resize several
times (bios-screen, OS-startup, final Desktop). VMware has an option
called "autofit" which will automatically fit the VMware window to the
size of the guests screen (hence the name "autofit" ;)). Normally this
works just perfect. But if the window is shaded (during bootup for
example), the autofit does not have any effect. Even if I unshade the
window, it will still have the size it had when it was shaded.
I doubt that this strange behaviour is caused by VMware itself, because
I've never had this problem with any windowmanager I've used before.
Any chance this will be fixed?

Thanks,

Tim Ziegele