W.I.N.E. window focus nightmare!! + other misc

Daniel Walpole danielw at kooee.com.au
Sat Dec 13 21:53:59 EST 2003

Hello all,

K I've been reading through the mailing list and found nothing about this, so here it goes...

In openbox3, when I launch HalfLife in fullscreen through a server browser called 'XQF' (http://www.linuxgames.com/xqf/)
my keyboard focus does not switch to the game, however the mouse does. I then have to open up another virtual console and
kill the wine processes. I hate this problem and it's been me a great inconvenience ever since I switched to openbox3.
Is there any way around this? I've tried moving to a new desktop before wine loads up, which does not help, neither does
playing around with the focus options in ~/.options/openbox/rc.xml. What can I do! :(

Also I'm having another problem to do with the 'Execute' action under the openbox menu. Now I am aware that the
documentation clearly states the following:

	"The tilde ('~') character will be expanded in this string to your home directory, but no other shell expansions or
	scripting syntax can be used in the command."

I have the following item in my menu:
-------<snipet>--------
  <item label="reboot">
  </item>
-------<snipet>--------
For some reason openbox3 won't run this. You may be thinking "he still has to type in his password", well
you're wrong because I have configured some options in /etc/suauth so I don't need to type in the password if I'm a
certain user (man suauth if you dont know what I mean). This same option would work in any of the other *box's, so how
can I get it to work in openbox!? It makes my life easier by setting up these menu options, no matter how bogus you
think they seem.

Not only is this a problem, but the following item menu (which likes to be run the directory its located in) will not work:
-------<snipet>--------
  <item label="wine game">
  </item>

and neither will:
  <item label="wine game">
  </item>

Could someone please help me with these problems, any help is always appreciated. I really don't want to change back again.

PS: Please excuse my english as I'm too lasy to spell check and I don't really care if your offended :)
PSS: I are not sarcastic just there. :p