[openbox] kde system icons

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Thu Dec 11 22:04:01 EST 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 18:56, Gerard Ceraso wrote:
> I seem to be having an issues with kde programs that have system tray
> icons. I have tried using openbox3 as the WM for gnome and kde, and it
> works fine with both. The issue I am having is with kde icons in both.
> When I open a KDE program such as juk or kgpg the icons are created in a
> seperate window and not in the tray. Has anyone else had this problem?

I asked this a few weeks ago and felt rather stupid when somebody
pointed me towards the documentation....

Look for kdetrayproxy3 ... I think that's what it's called....

Then use something like 'docker' to grab them and put them into a
'system tray' or whatever they call it, if you don't want to run the
blasted KDE or GNOME giants.

It's in the docs.

Rob