[openbox] one step rpm build from cvs

Brian Craft bcboy at thecraftstudio.com
Sun Aug 24 12:25:31 EDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 02:23:36PM -0300, Jean-D. Ackle wrote:
> I changed your script, because I thought there might
> be some weird conflict between GNU's automake and
> autoconf source versions and Mandrake's binaries. It's
> attached to this mail (hopefully!).  The idea being
> that it would include GNU's autoconf 2.57.

Off-hand I don't know why the just-compiled version of
autoconf is not being invoked. Perhaps the automake
build makes reference to the autoconf installation, though
that would be really twisted. Still, you might try moving
the PATH statement to be before the automake build.

If you already have a current autoconf installed, you
shouldn't need to compile it anyway. You just need to
figure out how to invoke it. Do you run it as "autoconf2.5",
or something? The "bootstrap" script invokes autoconf, so
you can copy it into the .spec and modify the name of
autoconf to autoconf2.5, or you can do something like this:

(alias 'autoconf=autoconf2.5'; ACLOCAL_FLAGS='-I /usr/share/aclocal'  source bootstrap)

.. which should set up an alias for autoconf and then run all
the bootstrap code. It's important if doing this to source the
file instead executing it or passing it to sh, because aliases
won't be preserved otherwise.

If you continue to have problems, let me know and I'll ask
a friend with a mdk9.1 box to look at it.

Good luck.
b.c.