[openbox] theme suggestion

Ben Jansens ben at orodu.net
Wed Aug 20 18:32:21 EDT 2003

On Wed, Aug 20, 2003 at 07:44:51PM +0200, Tomas Hellstr|m wrote:
>   Have you considered placing some sort of root command directive in
> $HOME/.openbox/rc3 instead? Then the theme can specify a background file

I am actually of the opinion that the window manager should not set the
background at all.

If you run any sort of desktop environment, then it will be setting your
desktop for you.

And if not, then you are probly an 'advanced' enough user to set your own
desktop with one of the many tools out there for such a purpose (wmsetbg,
esetroot, qiv, xv, etc). I don't wish to rewrite any/all of these tools, and
the old bsetbg approach was hell to use and support. So I have chosen to
leave that outside of the domain of Openbox's control.

Ben