[openbox] notes after using alpha5 for some time

Pierre-Paul Lavoie ppl at nbnet.nb.ca
Tue Aug 19 11:57:29 EDT 2003

Hello,

	If you don't mind modifying the source... simply set the
first byte of the _MOTIF_WM_HINTS property to 0x2 on xload
top-level window.  For example, that's how xmms request no decorations.

	You can run xprop(1) and select xmms window to learn more
about it.

On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 03:58:27PM +0200, Christian von Mueffling wrote:

> Did I understand you right, that there should be instead a parameter
> for xload to disable window decorations? Interesting idea. Maybe I
> should hack the sources :))

	This should be trivial if you know some Xlib programming.
Otherwise, man pages of interest are XChangeProperty and XInternAtom.

Good luck,
ppl