[openbox] Alpha5 released

Dale K Dicks dale_d at telusplanet.net
Thu Aug 14 10:45:59 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-08-14 at 06:58, Dale K Dicks wrote:
> >   * Getting rid of non-opaque window move/resize. Instead, add an option -
> >     drawContents - for if the window's contents are to be updated during a
> >     resize.
>
> This is a show stopper for me and is why projects like MetaCity suck.
> So - best of luck in the future unless you plan on putting non-opaque window moves and resizes back in, I won't be using Openbox any longer.

Ben,

Why did you take out non-opaque resizes and moves?

also - there seems to be a bug with the new menu file.  my menu is quite
large and it failed when i copied into into a separate file unless i cut
out a whole bunch of entries.  i get nothing when i right-click the
desktop if i put the entire file in.  i get complete crashes (X
restarts) if i add back too many entries.

(i'm attempting to get over the non-opaque - still hate it though)

believed to be clean.