[openbox] menu format bummy

Ben Jansens ben at orodu.net
Wed Apr 9 03:30:15 EDT 2003

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 10:02:42PM -0700, Marius Nita wrote:
> this is the stuff i was toying with for a general config format. below
> is the unofficial grammar, and then some examples of what it would
> look like.

Marius, I like this a lot.

One question: would a and b be presented to openbox identically?
a) foo.bar.bummy
b) foo { bar { bummy } }

I definately think we should implement this. I'm thinking we need at
least 3 libraries:
librender - the low level rendering stuff (Xlib and GL) which the WM uses
            for window frames
          - the higher level rendering stuff which tools/apps/WM can use

libcwmcc  - routines for getting/setting icccm and netwm
            properties/information. similar to the libwnck? that is part of
			the gnome project

libsomethin - contain this parsing stuff for both the WM to use for the rc3,
              librender to use for themes, and tools could use for their own
			  configs
			- other stuff that can be used by the WM, librender, and or
			  tools

libotk - i'm not sure about this one, but it could be built using the
         high level interface in librender and libcwmcc. some of the things
		 that could go in here could also be placed into the other libs
		 instead

Ben
--
I am damn unsatisfied to be killed in this way.

http://www.icculus.org/openbox/