[openbox] Fireworks

Alexander Volovics awol at home.nl
Wed Oct 16 05:45:22 EDT 2002

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 10:29:14PM -0400, Scott Moynes wrote:

> In the spirit of the season, I thought I'd give anyone who cares an
> idea of where I think I will be heading with openbox. I have a few
> feature ideas, and would like some feedback, yeigh or neigh, on them.

Featureism, feature creap, is always a nice topic for heated and long
discussions.

May I put in a plug for some more basic things:
uniformly working UTF-8 and Xft2 support!

At the moment this is based on the old xft (=xft1) included in XFree86-4.2.
However we already have Xft2 and if I understand it correctly ongoing Xft
development is not going to build on xft1.

Alexander