[openbox] compiling openbox-2.1.2 on redhat-8.0

John Eckerdal john at hl.lu.se
Fri Oct 11 07:44:50 EDT 2002

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002, Alexander Volovics wrote:

> Dear John,
>
> That did the trick!
> I have a working openbox now with xft support.
> The TT fonts appear nice enough.
>
> Thank you very much for your time and help.
>
> I have one last question. Openbox and epist compiled and work OK but
> not bsetbg, bsetroot and xftlsfonts. Maybe I was not complete/correct
> enough in adapting the Makefiles.
> Do you get working binaries of these.

No.

As far as I know bsetbg is a script (atleast it was in blackbox, bsetroot
compiles OK here atleast), xftlsfonts fails to compile probably due to
incompatibilities between Xft1 and Xft2.

A make install should install all the correctly compiled utilities.

--
John Eckerdal                        the Assembly Gems page
                               http://www.df.lth.se/~john_e