[nikitin at vnukovo.net: Openbox bug]

Ben Jansens ben at orodu.net
Mon Nov 4 16:23:21 EST 2002

Is anyone else able to decipher what this guy is having go wrong..?
Mozilla is crashing, what?

Ben

----- Forwarded message from Alexey Nikitin <nikitin at vnukovo.net> -----

From: Alexey Nikitin <nikitin at vnukovo.net>
Subject: Openbox bug
To: ben at orodu.net
Delivery-date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 06:17:41 -0600
Hello.

I discovered a bug in openbox 2.1.2
Sorry, I'm a newbie, I could't make a patch.

File Window.cc, lines 2034, 2035 (you restore premax window geometry):

blackbox_attrib.premax_w = premax_w;
blackbox_attrib.premax_h = premax_h;

After I start Mozilla, it runs with net_wm_state_maximized atoms, and Openbox makes its window
maximized. It seems to me, premax_x, premax_y, premax_w and premax_h have zero values in
BlackboxWindow::remaximize method when it's called from a BlackboxWindow constructor --
so up-clicking "maximize" button can't restore window geometry and Mozilla crashes.

I've made a dirty fix. You'll make something more elegant, though:

blackbox_attrib.premax_w = premax_w ? premax_w : 780;
blackbox_attrib.premax_h = premax_h ? premax_h : 580;

Oh, another thing:

You convert non-english leters in window title into unicode. Fine, but if I use raster KOI-8 fonts, russian
letters become unreadable.

Why don't you convert menu items the same way? In this case raster KOI-8 fonts display correctly, but
TTF shows nothing.

Thank you very much for openbox.
Bye.

--
Alexey Nikitin (mailto:nikitin at vnukovo.net)    04.11.2002, 14:45

----- End forwarded message -----

--
I am damn unsatisfied to be killed in this way.