[mojosetup] Staging MojoSetup repository on GitLab

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Tue Sep 29 05:38:34 EDT 2020

I have pushed a repository on GitLab with the patches and fixes I have
in my tree. I'm hoping it can provide a better view of what's coming and
maybe be useful to someone while the patches are hopefully being merged
into the mainline MojoSetup codebase.

  https://gitlab.com/fgouget/mojosetup

The GitLab repository contains about 48 patches.
Here is a short summary of the improvements and fixes:

* The selection of the GUI backend, particularly between GTK 2 and
  GTK 3, no longer causes crashes.
* The translation no longer causes the GTK 3 GUI to crash.
* The GUI no longer freezes when waiting for an external process.
* The installer can now recommend installing in /opt as per the FHS.
* Fixed upgrades so the filesystem contains the same files as after a
  fresh installation. In particular this includes deleting obsolete
  files.
* Upgrades no longer ask for permission to modify every single file from
  the previous installation.
* Upgrades now upgrade the uninstaller too.
* Uninstalling after an upgrade no longer leaves files behind.
* Improved the rollback when canceling an installation or upgrade.
* Added the following attributes:
  - recommended_full_destinations which allows recommending installation
    or upgrades in non-default locations.
  - checkdst() which allows validating the installation directory.
* Improved localization support and completed the Simplified Chinese
  translation.
* Miscellaneous other fixes, including all compilation warnings.

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget at codeweavers.com>