[mojosetup] GTK+ Browse for install path patch

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at icculus.org
Sat Sep 15 02:07:13 EDT 2007

> 1) I noticed that things are at an 80 char line length.  I went over it
> by a few chars, but is that a hard and fast rule you would like me to
> abide by?

In theory, it's religion, but there are a few other places in MojoSetup
where I've gone over 80 and not yet cleaned it up. GTK+ makes it pretty
hard to write clean code in 80 columns, with all the GTK_OBJECT_TYPE
casting macro stuff.

> 2) I adjusted create_button to accept the callback we want for the signal

That's probably the correct strategy; I'd have done the same.

> 3) Is the rest of the patch sane?

It appears to be. The file dialog doesn't look like anything I've seen
in any other GTK+ app, though. I'm not sure why.

Also, it lets you select files (as opposed to just directories).

> 4) How do you prefer contributions?  E-mailed diff's?

Emails to this list, like the patch you sent, are great.

I've committed the patch you sent (svn revision #335)...if you want to
make further changes (to that work or anything else in gui_gtkplus2.c),
start from there.

Thanks!

--ryan.