[mojosetup] MojoSetup VS loki_setup VS *

Timothee Besset ttimo at idsoftware.com
Thu Sep 13 19:10:54 EDT 2007

I plan on using mojosetup from now on, and I agree with Stephane about
loki_setup. Each previous game release we made used loki_setup, and I
compiled updated binaries at the time of the release. Those installers
still work fine on recent distros (well, the more recent ones at least,
D3/Q4).

mojo only has a functional ncurses interface right now, but I'm afraid
our users will have to live with that until someone (me if I can find
the time) gets the Gtk interface together. doing rpms and debs would
still be more work than the mojosetup assembly, and there will always be
some distro that uses some other packaging and comes whining.

TTimo