[Gtkradiant] Win7/NVIDIA/Aero "hall of mirrors"

Rudolf Polzer divVerent at alientrap.org
Fri Jan 21 01:51:27 CST 2011

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 02:10:50PM -0800, Nerius Landys wrote:
> Someone I know is having a "hall of mirrors" effect in his viewports in the
> ZeroRadiant Windows builds.
>
> He is using:
> - Windows 7
> - Aero
> - Recent NVIDIA card
>
> I'm not able to reproduce his problem because my NVIDIA card is ancient (uses
> the XP compatible driver).
>
> Does anyone know anything about this and how it can be fixed?

NetRadiant had this issue too, I suppose it is a conflict between gtkglext and
Aero, not Radiant related.

Disabling Aero from the preferences of the EXE file helped, so as a workaround,
I added this code to initialization in 1.5:

#ifdef WIN32
  HMODULE lib;
  lib = LoadLibrary("dwmapi.dll");
  if(lib != 0)
  {
	  void (WINAPI *DwmEnableComposition) (bool bEnable) = (void (WINAPI *) (bool bEnable)) GetProcAddress(lib, "DwmEnableComposition");
	  if(DwmEnableComposition)
		  DwmEnableComposition(FALSE);
	  FreeLibrary(lib);
  }
#endif

I would suppose this same code should work in ZeroRadiant?

Best regards,

Rudolf Polzer