[Gtkradiant] Compiling ZeroRadiant on Windows 7

Timothee BESSET ttimo at ttimo.net
Tue Nov 16 17:00:09 CST 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 4:50 PM, Willi <willi at schinmeyer.de> wrote:
> MSVC8 is Microsoft Visual Studio (Express) 2008 (for C++). I believe the
> 2010 version would just introduce new problems but I haven't tried yet.
>
> GTK has a precompiled windows library but it's not recommended for MSVC >
> 6.0 (unless you know what you're doing, which I don't), I'm not sure why
> that is so. There's multiple GTK Parts (pango, cairo and what not) and I
> don't even know which of them are required.
>
> I've still got parts of some ancient compiling environment that used to work
> once and its contents are:
>
> gtk2 (atk, cairo, glib, gtk, gtkglext, libpng, pango)
> libjpeg (both version 6b and 7 though I guess only one of them is actually
> used)
> libxml
> mhash
> STLport (appearently MSVS's STL is insufficient?)

Correction, MSVC's STL is deficient.

> Looking at the ZeroRadiant Trac page I believe I got those from
> http://zerowing.idsoftware.com/files/radiant/developer/1.6.1/ (the deps zip
> file).

Yeah I generated those. Should still be fine with express 2008.

> We should write down some kind of tutorial for compiling on Windows as we
> figure this out, how to set the dependencies up etc. We could use Google
> Documents:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1apP726StvcKbhikD9FUqPg5t5RHOocB7Zke3ZkWuXmI/edit?hl=de&authkey=CKSglKkG

I can't really spend much time on this but I'd rather give access to
the trac wiki for that kind of stuff. Although migrating all that
stuff to a launchpad/github whatever could be a valid goal if activity
picks up. Would probably want to retain the local SVN since the game
paks are under a proprietary license.

TTimo