[Gtkradiant] Compiling ZeroRadiant on Windows 7

Willi willi at schinmeyer.de
Tue Nov 16 16:50:54 CST 2010

  MSVC8 is Microsoft Visual Studio (Express) 2008 (for C++). I believe
the 2010 version would just introduce new problems but I haven't tried yet.

GTK has a precompiled windows library but it's not recommended for MSVC
 > 6.0 (unless you know what you're doing, which I don't), I'm not sure
why that is so. There's multiple GTK Parts (pango, cairo and what not)
and I don't even know which of them are required.

I've still got parts of some ancient compiling environment that used to
work once and its contents are:

    * gtk2 (atk, cairo, glib, gtk, gtkglext, libpng, pango)
    * libjpeg (both version 6b and 7 though I guess only one of them is
      actually used)
    * libxml
    * mhash
    * STLport (appearently MSVS's STL is insufficient?)

Looking at the ZeroRadiant Trac page
<http://www.qeradiant.com/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/wiki/ZeroRadiant> I believe I
got those from
http://zerowing.idsoftware.com/files/radiant/developer/1.6.1/ (the deps
zip file).

We should write down some kind of tutorial for compiling on Windows as
we figure this out, how to set the dependencies up etc. We could use
Google Documents:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1apP726StvcKbhikD9FUqPg5t5RHOocB7Zke3ZkWuXmI/edit?hl=de&authkey=CKSglKkG
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1apP726StvcKbhikD9FUqPg5t5RHOocB7Zke3ZkWuXmI/edit?hl=de&authkey=CKSglKkG>

Or we could just update the dependency package, but I feel some kind of
guide would be nice nonetheless.