[Gtkradiant] More patches (windows, crashes)

Timothee Besset ttimo at idsoftware.com
Fri Jan 1 12:18:58 CST 2010

Markus Fischer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> these patches now mostly deal with enabling all that stuff on Windows
> that was already available/enabled for the Linux build.
>
> I'm not sure if all of them still makes sense, but I thought it wasn't a
> bad idea to have Windows and Linux targets in sync.
>
> Due the radiant_VC9.sln having been updated incrementally, I think
> applying the patches in the same order will be smoother.
>

> Enable bkgrnd2d plugin on Windows
> http://github.com/mfn/GtkRadiant/commit/e201e2819fa5c0d0d8a4d272cfc8e181ca346f26.diff
>

> Fix crashes in textool plugin.
> http://github.com/mfn/GtkRadiant/commit/0f996bbe79244712d83eb5a31726e2cfbf7af638.diff
>

> [Windows] Enable and fix textool plugin.
> http://github.com/mfn/GtkRadiant/commit/455b0dc63e09ba2e75525717f22134178f3e06be.diff
>

> [Windows] Fix and enable bobtoolz
> http://github.com/mfn/GtkRadiant/commit/e905a196b8c9246904e72ed8034821ad5759e915.diff
>

> [Windows] Enable spritemodel plugin.
> Unfortunately I messed this one up a bit and it requires
> http://github.com/mfn/GtkRadiant/commit/893008b839c063fa3905cc08bbea2e5becdc609c.diff
>

> [Windows] Enable hydratoolz, fix and enable vfswad.
> http://github.com/mfn/GtkRadiant/commit/42753be827fde76b40cc1d09fd93eec04d0b3081.diff
>

> [Windows] Enable ufoai plugin.
> http://github.com/mfn/GtkRadiant/commit/ff9961f32253d453d00a45ba5ab3772a2e6d66e1.diff
>

> [Windows] Enable PrtView plugin.
> http://github.com/mfn/GtkRadiant/commit/60b42bdc31516b63ea56c121005ab123f1874fc3.diff
>

> [Windows] Fix and enable gtkgensurf plugin.
> This was interesting to fix as VC++ does not come with stdint.h which
> was a requirement since the last update to bitmap.cpp; I grabbed the one
> from http://code.google.com/p/msinttypes/ .
> http://github.com/mfn/GtkRadiant/commit/d1682139a5646f0dff3d564efc033f967f5db3d7.diff

I don't know if I want to see those plugins enabled for windows only.

For the most part they are not enabled because we haven't bothered with
them for QL work; it should be quite easy to add support for scons
platforms as well, and I'd rather apply whole patches.

I am not sure why you are enabling hydratoolz and vfswad .. those may be
interesting for historical purposes, the HL1 support was pretty much
stillborn so I'd rather avoid cluttering the compile with irrelevant stuff.

The other plugins may be a really good thing to re-enable though, I'm
looking forward to apply a more consistent patch for them.