[Gtkradiant] Problems with q3map2. Compiled on Ubuntu 9.04 64bit.

namespace spam at codecreator.net
Wed Sep 30 10:12:52 CDT 2009

Am Mittwoch, 30. September 2009 16:42:16 schrieb hyp3r focus:
> They both build ok, but only debug can actually compile maps. (I compiled
> the same map with the same commands in with both builds btw)
Thats clear evidence that q3map2 does something awfully wrong with its buffers.
Most debug-builds have a different memorylayout of structs and allocations so
it may still corrupt some memory, but the program doesnt crash.
You can try to run q3map2 with valgrind and hope that it finds the bug.

> scons BUILD="debug"
> ...does that do the debugsymbols or is there another option I need to use
> aswell?
I don't know. Its been a while since I had a look at the radiant sources and I
guess TTimo changed the scons-files in the zero-rd branch.
To get full debug infos, use the "-g3" option with gcc and remove all of the
optimization-flags.

namespace