[Gtkradiant] Nexuiz trouble

Mihai Draghicioiu mihai.draghicioiu at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 07:59:51 CDT 2008

Yes, I know it's an example path, I was the one giving the example :P

I set the engine path in GtkRadiant preferences (/home/mihai/Nexuiz),
and it's ok, it finds the executable.

My guess is the engine complains about missing data files because it's
not run from the gamedir, but probably the GtkRadiant current
directory. So it probably looks there... dunno... In linux, a simple
patch can fix it so that the engine looks for data files in the
executable's directory (the program must add `dirname `readlink
/proc/self/exe`` (in shell backquotes... should be easy to implement
in code) to its path -- it points to the full executable path).

I also figured out how to run and have it directly  load a map, just
use +map <mapname>.

It seems that the "+devmap" option is hard coded, not in the xml
files... Found something in radiant/watchbsp.cpp but I'm not gonna
edit it right now... I guess it should autodetect if the game is using
DarkPlaces or at least if the game is 'Nexuiz'.

Thanks :P
Mihai