[Gtkradiant] Quake 1

Mihai Drăghicioiu mihai.draghicioiu at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 05:58:48 CDT 2008

YARR! Thank you thank you thank ye!!

This will do great!

Let me tell u what I'm trying to do.. For a few years I have been
disappointed that I wasn't able to get collision detection to work, so
now I figured.. well, I'll just learn from someone who already got it
right, so why don't I look at the Quake source code, and as long as
I'm at it, might as well learn about other quake features which have
sounded attractive for quite a while... So now I looked at the quake
source, and I've decided to make a small demo: walking through a map,
with some opaque and some transparent polygons (i figured out how to
quickly sort them back to front too), a skybox, and some other stuff
I'll probably add later. I'm also working on a lightmap maker, which
supports HDR, so if I could combine that with a quake-ish map format,
that should be awesome! HDR lightmaps for everyone! :D

Now there is another problem: how do I use GtkRadiant with quake 1?
let me show u a screenshot of what I get, even though I installed the
game files and the radiant Q1Pack, and I set the path:

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/6473/screenshotunnamedmapjl7.png

Also, when GtkRadiant starts, I get these message boxes:

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/9199/screenshot1sn4.png
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/1016/screenshotsq1.png

I've worked with GTK+ before, and i think all you need to do to avoid
them is to set a zero page size for each GtkAdjustment (I haven't
counted how many of these boxes appear, they're about 10, probably one
for each spin button in GtkRadiant). To get past them, i just press
'no' until they're done.

Thanks again,
Mihai