[Gtkradiant] svn trunk: hitting "s" in brush primitives mode crashes (NULL pointer)

Rudolf Polzer divVerent at alientrap.org
Sat Jul 5 01:44:18 CDT 2008

On Fri, Jul 04, 2008 at 11:06:09PM +0200, Martin Gerhardy wrote:
> It should not segfault, i agree - but try to set quake2 in your game
> description for alien arena (i suppose it's still q2 based, no?)
>
> just add quake2="1" to the xml game node

No, I am working with maps in Q3A Brush Primitives format (like 1.5
could edit nicely). Mainly because I need free rotation in my current
map concept, and free rotation is broken in the old-style format (like
it was in 1.5 too), probably because the math required for fixing up
old-style texcoords when rotating is very complex.

Actually, if I knew how to translate between old-style texcoords and
brush primitives texture matrices RIGHT (Radiant does NOT do that at the
moment, when converting between BP and old-style, texture alignment
breaks), I'd simply change the rotation code to convert to a BP matrix,
transform that, and convert back to Quake format to get WORKING texture
lock for rotations even when the old format is active.

But this old-style texcoords thing is something I never understood,
which is why my q3map2 -convert patch outputs brush primitives format -
which is especially sad now as GtkRadiant apparently can't work with
that format any more since the ZeroRadiant merge.