[Gtkradiant] Texture browser bug and feedback

johnfitz at u.washington.edu johnfitz at u.washington.edu
Wed Mar 28 02:46:23 CDT 2007

I've been using the October 6th 2006 build with the new texture browser.

First, some feedback:  While it's nice to have texture-related stuff consolidated, the texture folder/wad list it never goes away, so it's a permanent 25-30% of my texture browser screen space totally wasted.  The new menu bar is also a small waste of space, but less severe.  I think the best easy fix for this is a menu option to show/hide the texture folder/wad list.  A slightly better UI would have the list pane collapsable, closable with an 'X' in the corner, or just generally resizable.  But please do something about it :)

Second, a bug:  Whenever I select a texture using the texture browser or by clicking on a brush in the 3D view, I get an error.  Here is that error:

.\main.cpp:186
runtime error: GTK+ error: Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkwidget.c: line 4206 (gtk_widget_set_sensitive): assertion `GTK_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed
kernel32!RaiseException() + 52
GtkRadiant!write_stack_trace() + 3B c:\radi\radiant\radiant\stacktrace.cpp line 308
GtkRadiant!PopupDebugMessageHandler::handleMessage() + 3E c:\radi\radiant\radiant\main.cpp line 288
GtkRadiant!error_redirect() + 512 c:\radi\radiant\radiant\main.cpp line 186
ntdll!RtlAllocateHeap() + 15E
ntdll!RtlAllocateHeap() + 15E