[Gtkradiant] Where to start plugin development?

Joseph, William WJoseph at europe.ea.com
Thu Mar 2 10:29:49 CST 2006

Adding editable geometry from plugins is possible, but it's not
currently possible to save the results to a file. It will be possible in
versions after 1.5.0 final - the architecture is designed to allow this
support to be added easily.

I plan to add support for exporting some of the model formats, so that
models can be modified from within GtkRadiant using the same editing
tools as for brushes and patches. Based on this, you'll eventually be
able to create new md3 models and add arbitrary geometry to them, then
save them out.

To add a node-type that can be modified and saved I'll need to do a few
things:
- hook the node into the Undo system to track changes made to the node's
sub-graph.
- add an exporter plugin that can export the node's sub-graph to a file.
(exporter plugins are not currently supported)

In addition, I'll need to add a plugin that supports triangle-mesh
editing for models.

-WJ